Submissions for issue 06 (themed BODIES) are now open till the 9th of July!
One of Unootha’s biggest aims is to create a safe space and platform for creatives to express themselves in whatever manner they please. Nothing is off-limits and no form is not accepted! However, as we are a platform that strongly disagrees with any form of hatred and intolerance, any work that presents that will be immediately rejected.
- Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Subject: first and last names, type of submission, title of submission, theme (e.g. Rouda Al Darmaki, Poetry, Periods)
- Body: short third person bio (or mention preference to anonymity or pseudonym), social media accounts (optional).
- Attachments: written (.doc or .docx) or visual (.png or .jpg) submissions.
We accept the following types of work:
- Sent in .doc or .docx format
- Poetry: Times New Roman, 12 pt.
- Fiction & Non-fiction: Times New Roman, 12pt, double-spacing.
- Sent as .jpg or .png format
- Must include brief explanation of the piece and how it relates to the theme. Explanation must be in .doc or .docx format.
- Optional: Include in email whether you would like your explanation included as a quote in your piece.
Please keep in mind that all submissions are completely voluntary and no commission will be provided for the submission.
All selected Life and Fiction pieces will be translated to Arabic to be included in the Arabic edition of our issues. Due to the intricacy of poetry, we will not be doing our own translation of selected Poetry submissions. However, if you would like your poetry included in the Arabic edition, you may translate your poetry and send it to us.
There are no limits to how many times you can submit.
We implement a monthly-ish theme system, where, each month, we seek a specific theme of submissions. Only submissions that follow the theme will be reviewed and considered.
June-August 2019, issue 06’s theme:
*Submissions are only accepted from those who identify as Middle Eastern or North African, and not male. We also accept work by currently or previously MENA-based womxn creatives of all ethnicities! All work must be previously unpublished.