Submissions for issue 05 (themed Periods) are now open till the 10th of April!
One of Unootha’s biggest aims is to create a safe space and platform for creatives to express themselves in whatever manner that they please. Nothing is off-limits and no form is not accepted! However, as we are a platform that strongly disagrees with any form of hatred and intolerance, any work that presents that will be immediately rejected.
- Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject: first and last names, type of submission, title of submission, theme (e.g. Rouda Al Darmaki, Poetry, Periods)
- Body: short third person bio (or mention preference to anonymity or pseudonym), social media accounts (optional).
- Attachments: written (.doc or .docx) or visual (.png or .jpg) submissions.
We accept the follow types of work:
- Sent in .doc or .docx format
- Poetry: Times New Roman, 12 pt.
- Fiction & Non-fiction: Times New Roman, 12pt, double-spacing.
- Sent as .jpg or .png format
- Must include brief explanation of the piece and how it relates to the theme. Explanation must be in .doc or .docx format.
- Optional: Include in email whether you would like your explanation included as a quote in your piece.
Please keep in mind that all submissions are completely voluntary and no commission will be provided for the submission.
If we feel that your submission does not fit the atmosphere we are trying to create, then there is a possibility we might reject your submission, but of course, you are always welcome to submit once more.
There are no limits to how many times you can submit.
We implement a monthly-ish theme system, where, each month, we seek a specific theme of submissions. Only submissions that follow the theme will be reviewed and considered.
March-April 2019, issue 05’s theme:
*Submissions are only accepted from those who identify as Middle Eastern or North African, and not male. We also accept work by currently or previously MENA-based womxn creatives of all ethnicities! All work must be previously unpublished.